I have been so excited to share this cookie recipe with you because not only are these a sweet & nutritious treat, but they are also super easy to make in just one bowl! I hope your taste buds are ready!
If you know me, you know that I am a dark chocolate lover! I don’t have a huge sweet tooth (at least not in comparison to how much I love salt), but I will always make sure to eat something with dark chocolate daily to fulfill my obsession. When I was creating this recipe, I wanted it to have a balanced set of ingredients while also still being flexible to people’s dietary restrictions and aversions, so I will share exactly what I made, but also make sure to let you know of any substitutions that can also be used along the way.
So…here is what you will need…
- Almond Flour (you may blend almonds until fine to make your own, but buying it is easier for me — I have not tried substituting with any other flours, but oat or all-purpose may work, coconut flour will not)
- Eggs (you can try to use flax eggs if you have a dairy intolerance or are vegan)
- Butter (coconut oil & canola oil should also work)
- Maple Syrup (honey, granulated sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, agave should all work)
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder (NOT baking soda)
- Salt (I always use pink himalayan since it is what I have always on hand)
- Dark Chocolate Chips (you may substitute or add in literally anything else for example walnuts, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, etc…you get the idea)
Now that you have all your ingredients prepped, let’s mix them all together!
Start by adding your dry ingredients: almond flour, salt, baking powder, & cinnamon all to a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
Then you add your wet ingredients: melted & cooled butter, whisked eggs, maple syrup, & vanilla extract to that same bowl and you stir until just gently combined. Lastly, you dump in your dark chocolate chips and stir until your cookie dough looks like this!
Because I like my cookies to all look uniform, I use a cookie scoop and I measure out the dough and form it into a little ball before setting it onto the baking sheet. Once you have formed all of the little cookie dough balls and put them onto the baking sheet, press down gently just to allow for even distribution of heat throughout the baking process.
Put the cookies into your preheated oven (375 degrees Fahrenheit) for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
Once they are done, remove them from the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes on the tray and then eat them immediately or move to a wire rack to cool completely.
I couldn’t wait, so I ate a cookie before taking the photo. This recipe is for 20 cookies!
Okay, now I am drooling…
Well, friend, now it is your turn… Get your bake on!
|3.5 Cups||Almond Flour|
|3 Tsp||Baking Powder|
|4 Tbsp||Unsalted Butter (melted)|
|6 Tbsp||Maple Syrup|
|2 Tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 Cup||Dark Chocolate Chips|